Lifeskills classes start at the beginning with the key every day behaviours your dog needs to have and builds over 2 levels of courses, Basics and Improvers, each being 6 weeks! If you haven’t been to training for a long time, if you have a a rescue dog and have no idea what he/she knows or doesn’t know, you have done puppy classes and need to continue training or if you would like a refresher on the polite everyday behaviours then these classes are for you. These classes will give you the confidence to try some of our other classes where you can be more adventurous! In the Basics level will cover the following AND more:
- Down (belly on the floor)
- Stay and Wait
- Walking on a loose lead
- Recall (they will come to you when called)
- Drop/give (will let go of something in their mouth)
- Leave (will not pick something up from the floor)
- Meeting people and dogs, greeting people and dogs
- Understand how your dog learns and what motivates him/her
You may have different words, and that is fine – you will use what works best for you!
The next level is Improvers and builds on the Basics course and adds distance control, off lead work and really developing the relationship between you and your dog.
Dogs need to be over 18 weeks for this course. To book your place on a course, please call Jennie on 01865 400408.