Nycky Edleston is our Chartered Physiotherapist, registered with ACPAT. Using her vast range of experience with dogs, Nycky has put together a bespoke set of conditioning and strengthening exercises to maintain core strength for our furries. We have put these together in a 8 week course which can be done at increased levels of difficultly as you build up your dogs' ability. This course is for dogs who are healthy, with no medical problems and who are over 8 months old.
Nycky can be consulted for all your dogs physiotherapeutic needs. Part of your dog's treatment may include a referral to Active Paws to help with the physiotherapy exercise treatment plan for your dog. In this instance, she will give you a referral card with the exercises and levels she would like to you do. Bring this to us and we will take you through the exercises and equipment in your first session and you can then book the equipment at dates and times to suit you to continue your dogs' rehabilitation.
Physiotherapy for your dog can:
- Relieve pain and discomfort
- Rehabilitate and aid recovery after an operation
- Rehabilitate after injury or if not having an operation for an issue
- Prepare your dog weeks before a planned operation
- Rehabilitate your dog after a neurological problem
- Enhance performance of a working or competing dog