Our resident behaviourist is Ainsley Miller, QCF - DipCABT Level 5.
Ainsley runs Dog Logic which focuses on helping owners adjust the behaviours of their 4-legged companions.
Areas that you might need help in are:
- Separation problems (destructive behaviour when left alone, being aggressive when you leave the house
- Fearful behaviour (lunging or barking on a lead)
- Sound sensitivities (reactions to thunder or fireworks)
- Attention seeking (jumping, biting)
- Inappropriate chasing, or repetitive behaviour (chasing their own tail)
Much of Ainsley's behaviour work with clients involves working at your home. However, to progress many problem behaviours, work is needed out of the home. Having access to Active Paws ensures that work can be done in a safe, managed environment as the next step to taking things outdoors.
A significant factor in helping manage behaviour in reactive dogs is knowing what signs your dogs gives you just before he/she reacts. Ainsley helps you see things from their perspective, shows you what the signs are and then works with you to train in the new behaviours and reactions before your dog takes things into their own hands. This is done by videoing your dog, reviewing it with Ainsley's expertise and then determining what needs to be worked on.
For more about this and to read client testimonials on Ainsley's work, please click here or call Ainsley on 07979 307392.